Award winning broadcaster Lesley Riddoch joins us to chat about her new film Denmark – the State of Happiness.
The film is currently on tour all around Scotland with a Q+A session with Lesley at each screening. We caught up with her between gigs to find out more about her trip to Denmark, who she spoke to, and what most strikes her about Denmark as a model for an independent Scotland.
Here are the key points in our chat:
- 00:54 Clip from the film: Dan Jorgensen – happiness is important
- 01:34 Welcome to Lesley
- 02:15 Losing the Danish Empire
- 05:34 How have her audience reacted so far?
- 10:20 the film is not just for indy supporters
- 16:18 Danish Education system
- 17:07 Larissa Albus – taxes are a good thing
- 19:38 Jannick Marshall – Efterskole
- 22:49 Samso Islanders decide to charge themselves less for their fuel
- 25:04 Are there causes for optimism for Indy?
- 28:28 National self-confidence
- 30:47 We need issues based conversations about Indy
- 31:41 Plans for a cultural summer school and other ideas
- 38:01 Future for our Indy Media
And there’s a video version of this podcast if you prefer that. It’s on our IndyPod Extra YouTube Channel, available from 8pm on Jan 16th.
Want to see the film itself ?
For details of dates, times, venues and to book tickets, go to Lesley Riddoch Events. But be quick, they are selling out fast.
This is the fifth film in Lesley’s series looking at the Nordic Countries, you can find all her other films on her website at Lesley Riddoch Films.
Best ways to support Scottish Independence Podcasts …
Subscribe to our podcast feeds. Our team produces a NEW podcast episode every Friday. Search for Scottish Independence Podcasts wherever you get your podcasts: Apple, Google, Podbean, Amazon and many more. If you’ve enjoyed a podcast please share it and tag us in.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel @IndyPodExtra for more of our video footage and clips
Follow us on Social Media. It all helps to extend our reach and be visible to more people. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, TikTok and Instagram. Just click on the buttons and join our on-line community.